We seem to have lots of things we say to get ourselves ready for action. We have talked about some before Who am I? ... I am a Champion!
The reason we do this is because it becomes who we are, we fake it until we make it. We convince our body that we are capable of anything by saying it over and over. Aristotle said “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” The more we say these types of things, the more we believe in them, the more our faith and belief in ourselves grows.
Quest 9 Affirmations
1) Do it Now, Do it Right, Do it All. We have said in the past that Procrastination is the Assassination of Motivation, Whatever you HAVE to do, do it whether you like it or not. However, also think about the fact that your goals and dreams were given to you to share with others, if you don't share them they are lost forever.
2) Problems are Opportunities in disguise, often disguised in work clothes. Very rarely do things “Just Happen” or are people just “Lucky”. Their good fortune is usually the result of planting many seeds, and being ready when the opportunity presents itself.
3) You are what you think you are! Information plus what you choose to focus on becomes your personal reality! (I + F = PR) The information we take in plus our own focus (positive or negative) will determine our personal reality. If your life outside is not what you want, look at your life inside and begin to make changes there.
4) Set NO limitations for yourself. You can have, be, or create anything you set your mind on. What would you ask for if there were no limits and anything was possible? Now make that happen! We need your dreams!
5) You can only be walked on if you lay down…Your dreams and goals and vision are important. You are important and what you have to share with others is valued. Don't listen to the critics that will say you can't, it has never been done before! There was a Bishop in a small town in Ohio that said if God wanted man to fly he would have given him wings! His sons did not listen to the critic, the Wright Brothers flew!
6) You were born rich! You are not here on earth, in one of the most beautiful cities, greatest provinces and spectacular countries in the world to be mediocre … you are here to be great. You are abundantly wealthy in so many areas of life. Live your life as you were meant to. Share your wealth of knowledge, compassion, money, love, and time with all you come in contact with!
7) Settle for nothing less than what you want. As previously mentioned you are here for greatness. You are given ideas, goals and vision of a future that you want. There is nothing wrong with wanting it. Keep working towards your goals. It will not be easy, but worth it.
8) Your body is the vehicle for your soul, treat it with respect. If you had the most expensive car in the world wouldn't you take care of it daily? Wash it, put only the best fuel in it, and take it in for regular maintenance? Yet you are in possession of a one of a kind vehicle whose value is unmeasurable, and we don't always treat it with the same mentality. Watch what you put into your body physically with food, but also mentally with music, books, and media.
9) You are responsible for your happiness. You are the only one who can make you happy or sad. If it is to be it is up to me! Wake up in the morning and live as if this was your last day on this great planet. Tell the people around you how much they mean to you. Enjoy moments with friends or the quiet. Be Happy. Why are you happy…Because you CHOOSE to be!
Use these 9 affirmations in statements every morning for 30 days and see the impact it will have on your life, and the life of those around you. Some will think you have lost your mind, but the reality is you will have found it and are on the path to mastering it!
Mr. Chris Rowe
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Many professionals who think about doing self-defense classes or taking martial arts classes don’t for many reasons. First and foremost there is the thought that they don’t have time. Our focus is often on our kids and their activities. Business owners don’t think anything will happen to them, or that they could get out of the situation without having to come to physical defense. Or maybe they are afraid to look foolish…do you know anyone that fits any of those descriptions? Anyone you may know intimately?
Be honest and get out of BED (Blame, Excuse, Denial) and begin to debunk the excuses you are making for yourself.
There are 168 hours in the week I ask that you take 2 hours/week to get involved in something that, from my personal experience, will change your life if you let it. With 25-40 hours/week for sleep you still have 128 hours, or more, to get out and learn martial arts. How much TV do you watch? What if you got up just 30 minutes earlier each morning that would give you 3.5 hours more each week, you have lots of time.
Taking martial arts or self-defense classes will give you confidence to deal with certain situations. If your profession is running a small business or a realtor whose job it is to meet people you have never met before in sometimes an unfamiliar place, you need to be prepared for many different situations. The chances are small that anything will happen, but like most types of insurance you are glad you have it if you need it.
The defensive situations do not even have to involve physical defense from an unknown assailant. The skills you learn to de-escalate a situation may help with dealing with confrontation in the work place. It may allow you to understand how you deal with external stress and the over whelming adrenal response that happens. When you have to deal with the overbearing personality in the office or you are trying to communicate clearly and effectively while maintaining every ones dignity, the skills taught in most martial arts schools will help you in everyday life.
For some it may have been years since you felt unsure of what you were doing in your day. So beginning something that you have never done or becoming the student again can be energizing and scary at the same time. I know first had that as a 4th Degree black belt it was an amazing feeling to put on a white belt as I started to learn another style of martial art. Step into the unknown by choice, and continue your learning, not just of an art but also of yourself. What you are truly capable of.
FEAR is False Expectations Appearing Real, and it is a story that our mind makes up to prevent us from reach our true potential. Start writing a new chapter where you become a Black belt! If you have obtained that rank in a martial art then get back in and continue the journey.
Mr. Chris Rowe