Over five years ago I read a book by an author named Don Miguel Ruiz that helped me shape an even more positive outlook on life and to understand others from a new perspective. These agreements have been adopted by Quest Academy and Tae Kwon Do International as the first four rules of our company culture and have served us well. The book is called “The Four Agreements”.
Keep these for yourself to set your mind and spirit free.
1. Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity and only what you mean.
2. Don’t take anything personally….nothing that others do is because of you.
3. Don’t make assumptions…find the courage to ask questions and express what you want.
4. Always do your best…your best is going to change from time to time. It will be different when you are sick as opposed to healthy. Under any circumstances simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
Knowledge in your mind to add to each week’s lesson, meditate on these;
1. On the path of least resistance…it makes all rivers and some men crooked.
2. Everyday is my own choice to choose…love over hate…peace over war…politeness over anger and happy over sad.
3. There are only two mistakes in Tae Kwon Do mastery. Not going all the way and not starting the journey.
4. Do the best that you can, with what you have, where you are NOW!